Monday, December 8, 2008

Machine Vision Fundamentals

It seems that there are plenty of places to learn about machine vision on the web, but it appears to me that there isn't one place to find it all. I look to remedy this somewhat, although it may take me some time. If anyone that reads this has any feedback, it would be greatly appreciated.

My thoughts are as follows:

What is machine vision?
Machine vision software
Configuration based machine vision
Programmable machine vision
Machine vision hardware drivers
Machine vision hardware
Frame Grabbers
Camera Buses - pros and cons of each
Benefits of PCIe/PXIe
Embedded Machine Vision
Vision Systems
Smart Cameras
Machine vision application architectures
Machine vision lighting
Machine vision optics

Hopefully I can get this pulled together in a reasonable amount of time. Again, any feedback on these thoughts would certainly be taken to heart.

Cheers,
-Matt

No comments: